Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Are you my dadda?

Last Sunday, mom and I went Fred Meyer's to get... uhh, I don't remember anymore. Anyways... on the way to the checkout, I saw a little boy, probably age 5, walking around alone and appeared to be crying. I scanned the area and didn't see anyone looking for a kid, and didn't see the kid running to anyone anyways...

I pointed him out to mom and was like, I think he's lost! He was looking into all the isles and his little cries got louder. It really tugged at my heart and irked me that no one was helping him. I went after him, trying to catch up and started walking a big faster and I go "hey, are you lost honey?". He refused to answer me. Well of course I'm a stranger, and I'm a freaking brown person, which probably scared him even more. I asked him if he was lost, and he stood there crying, and I grabbed his little hand and said let's go find your mom. At first he started walking with me, then he resisted and let go and was tryna get away. All I wanted was to bring him to the nearest cashier so they can announce for the parent. My mom was scanning around too and saw a guy walking around as if he lost someone. Mom called the kid and the dad saw the kid and all was good.

Few minutes later we saw the dad walk out of the store carrying the kid.

My beef is, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU LOSE A CHILD??? (I would like to know so I can use it in the future. Ok, ok, I'm kidding.)

Just seeing the kid being lost just bugged me. It it annoyed me that I couldn't get through to the kid. Yes I know he was scared and upset that he was lost, and then a strange lady comes and tries to take him somewhere... LOL.

Bah.

2 comments:

Kousik said...

There is a subtle difference between a kidnapper and a rescuer :-)

Unknown said...

i lost my daughter once in a toysrus.. rather she lost me.. she went through two piled up boxes of toys and ended up in another aisle and within seconds she was lost in the other end of the store.. i was in tears. luckily the store employees all have walkie talkies and they located her within seconds .. it happens..

:)