Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dowry Fund....

Thought you might want to know the story behind this... My coworker, Mara... was telling me that she heard something on the news and was pretty sure it was about Sri Lanka. She also mentioned it was about cows and marriage, and how a guy has to pay 20 cows to marry a girl. I was pretty sure that doesn't happen in Sri Lanka, for the girls are expected to take dowry to the guy's and not the other way around...

So the next day, which happens to be Friday... I drag my butt to work... And all the sudden, Mara and the kids were acting all strange. They were yelling quick hide hide! One little girl came and told me.. "we are making money for you miss arino". HAHA! I laughed it off... Another one said something about a cow... I was like waht is going on people? Mara came over and showed me the container (see below). They filled it with fake money. She said she had a dream that she was trying to raise money for my dowry... so the kids and her decided to do this. They put the container where the parents sign in their kids. After a lil while, few of the kids started saying that I was going to kiss a cow, another one said that I was going to marry. Mara explained to some confused parents what she was doing. Some thought I was going to get married for real, and that I actually was in need of dowry money. I couldn't stop laughing. Mara told my sis when she came to drop Jordan off. I took home the container on my break to show it to mom and took pictures to put on the web.... Later that evening dad asked me if I made lotta money pfff.

Crazy! =). Never a dull moment at my work for sure hahaha.....!




No comments: