Sunday, August 07, 2005

Thank you...

During the breaktime on one of my training days, I was just sitting there tryna figure out where I've seen some of these people.

I was turning each page of my mind, one by one, and in turn ended up remembering alot more people who have made some kind of difference in my life. I dont think they realized what they contributed in my life, and I didnt realize that I'd be sitting there during my break remembering all these people.

I remembered those people from my community college classes. At first when I ventured into the classes, I'd think, "ah.. I'll be out of here very soon, I wont have time to get to know these people, and we wont matter to eachother". The samething happened when I transferred to PSU, and was there for 2 years. At the end I was too sad to leave PSU. I miss it terribly.

It didnt matter if I was close to the people I interacted on a daily basis, what mattered is that somehow, they made a little imprint in me. Just imagine, if you could zoom back to that person after so many years, they must have meant something right?.

There is no way I could find all those people and thank them, so here I'm going to just do it here. For all those I know and dont know;

Thank you:

* The girl in "soc of religion", who sat in front of me, for answering some of my questions and basically just talking even though we didnt know eachother at all.
* For the professor who kept teasing me, trying to chase away my nerves before heading to the auditorium for our graduation.
* For the teachers from my high school, for making me comfortable when I was brand new to the area and people.
* My "soc of aging" professor, who's also the Dean, for making our class the best class ever. Providing us with food and drink in class and making us feel special.
* My project partner for soc of aging, for putting up with me.
* My project partner for senior capstone. For all our compromises with time.
*My project partners for research project, for being patient with everyone and doing what was required of us.
* For all the coworkers I've worked with.
* My boss at the daycare for listening, caring and being a friend.
* My friend Deb for just being herself. I still use some of her little advises. Though she prolly has no clue she told me this.. but one of the things I still use from her is her line, "go with the flow". Initially she was talking about my driving, but I use it for every other aspects in life as well.
* My friend Liza. My very first buddy from PSU. We took the same train, and took the same classes and lived in the same area for 2 years.
* My friend Thacha, my long time online buddy =). Although we havent met in person, she means a lot to me and helped me alot in my hard times.
* All my other friends, even though I'm not naming you and giving you a special spotlight, this is to show you that you mean alot to me and made a difference in my life (yes its positive).
* My friend Tharshini, she was the first person who befriended me when I went to Sri Lanka 2 years (back in 1987)... And that she still thinks of me as a friend and remembers me after all these years is very special.
* To all the boys (hahaha.. I'm not going there)
* To JJ & Nive, my childhood friends, and still good friends to this day. We share alot of childhood memories together, and its really precious and belongs only to us.
* All the kids at the daycare, little darlings. All those hugs they gave me awww... And calling me "mommy", made me feel like I meant something to them.
* Blog readers and diary readers, you know you are special =P
* And everyone else who are still hidden in my mind, and those who I dont know the name or cant remember the faces, but still appreciate for you being in my life for even a few second.

THANK YOU~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

big D said...

summary pls :P

யாத்ரீகன் said...

Whats up yaar !!!??

couple of text blogs ;-) hm..

enna Autograph madhiri edhavadhu padam paarthutu .. rewindings-aa..?

but it was really a interesting thot of thinking who all have made a bigger impact in our life..

Orange Fronkey said...

senthil,

you know me always have rewindings, i refuse to say its after watching movies like autograph, cuz i never completely watched the movie =P.

i'm sorta against that movie cuz of the director... he seems like a pompus ass to me.. but eh.. maybe i should be a good person and watch the stupid dvd =P

the thing is i dont have alotta things to take pics anymore. :( cho chaaaad

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to see that you realise that my contributions have been acknowledged as invaluable ;) hehe...

Anonymous said...

Happy Friendship Day Curryleaf :-)

Anonymous said...

hey merino, its true, i dont remember giving you that advice, but im glad it helps, and i should listen to myself, ha.

it made me think of people in my life and i realize how good of a friend you are. from all of the people i know you are the one that i trust the most and the one that i think is the wisest.

anyway, just checking your blog out, just curious to see whats been going on with you.

p.s. maybe i should start a blog here?!

Orange Fronkey said...

Deb;

hey! yeah start a blog :).

oh by the way skeletal key is out.. i remember someone telling me that she would go watch that movie with me.. *cough*deborah*cough*