Thursday, October 04, 2007

Huh what? Who goes there???

When I stepped outside to say bye to Roseby, I noticed the night sky was so clear and had millions, gagillions, megafafillions of stars sprinkled all over. It gave me very fuzzy wuzzy warm feeling in my tummy even though it was "oh so freeze your breath" cold. Feeling like a Merino in a camera shop, I ran in to grab my equiments to go nuts outside. Stoopiee Maya was yelping her little batty head off because she's a brat... and for some weird reason I happen to venture out to the back porch and gosh darn it, ain't it cool that the other side of the house has the same exact sky? Ooo goody goody... I got to work. Ding dong Tijo was in and out of the house, driving me batty! Maya wouldn't shut the heck up, and I continued on with my thing... The longest one of the pics taken was 3 minutes... enough to blur the stars just a twinge.. but not enough to look like one of them fancy shmancy star trail photographs I've seen... Besides... the backyard scene is uglier than Maya's butt.

I was gonna call it quits after one last shot when the battery went kaputz on me. I always have a spare fully charged battery in my koolaid stained bag, so I went to grab it and retried it again... Maya still hasn't shut up... Tijo still kept trying to have one paw inside and one paw outside... In the distance I hear strange screeching noises and I suspected them to be raccoonies... I heard the leaves on the big tree rustle and I knew the stupid raccoons were spying on me... Eep. I decided to multitask after I setup the camera and had it soaking up the site in it's slooooooow exposure mode, and I darted inside to grab Maya, put her on a leash, took her outside to get my cellphone from my car... and brought her back in... That shut her up, but Tijo was still being a pain in the ass! I went out to the porch to stop the slow soak up, when I saw something move wildly and landed with a THUD THUD THUD! Gave me a the heebie jeebies. Of course I knew it was a raccoon, but still... I started waving my flashlight frantically looking here and there... and I realized my poor neighbor looking through the blinds to see who the hell is trying to flash them HA! I hope he saw me standing like an idiot trying to figure out if my camera was done acting like it's very busy.

Finally, it was done and I grabbed the stuff and went inside... Pfff... Forgot star trails... I didn't feel like being attacked by raccoons, or "flash" the poor neighbor. I did catch some stars though... it was pretty exciting... Yup... I should take a decent star trail photograph one of these days... Prolly spring or summer... I want to try the beach or some mountain area... Ooo Ooo...



Whoever gets done with connecting the dots in the sky will find one incredible picture. Of what I wonder... Hmmm...

No comments: