Monday, May 16, 2005

Jithan



*ing: Ramesh, Pooja, Sarath Kumar, Kalabavan Mani, S.V. Sekar, Nalini, Livingston and many more...

Direction: Vincent Selva

Music: Srikanth Deva

I just finished watching this movie... So what did I think of it? Ohh... I'll tell you.

The movie is on the move soon as it gets started, which was a good thing, it kept me glued to the screen. Usually, I pause every few minutes to do other things, this time, I didnt... My laziness could also be another reason for this. But... lets get back to the movie.

Ramesh... Supposedly Jeeva's (RAM fame) big brother... YOu know, he looks nothing like Jeeva by the way. Anyways, he has acted with ease. Doesnt seem like his first movie at all. The scenes where he causes a mishap, and watches the rest of the people around him go nuts, he would stand by them quietly and laugh... It made me laugh along with him. I felt so sorry for him when everyon else kept taunting him, poor thing. Nalini as his horrible mommy was truly horrible. I dont know whether to say she overacted or not, but she did make me hate her.

Pooja was okay. Her lips bother me... is it me or is her upper lip sorta messed up and crooked? Ok, fine, she looks good throughout the movie. The dude who came as her boyfriend was really boring... What was the whole crap about going to U.S.A? He calls it a "CITY", ennada ithu...

Sarath Kumar comes as a... Oh crap, I wasnt paying attention. I'm guessing he's sorta like an FBI. He was quite tame in his role... When he first showed up on screen, I was like "Ohhh... great", then later on, I was like hmmm... "A calm man, how sexy". *gag myself with a spoon for saying that*

Kalabavan Mani was annoying. He was overdoing his role, I just wanted to slap him... And we get the honor of seeing him his jatti. Enna karmam da! I dont wanna see him in his undies... sheesh, thats comedy with a bad bad bad taste.

The songs were picturized well I thought... Some of 'em anyways... My fave is the "Coimbatore Coimbatore ponnu", the dance for the "kunguma poove" part is really cute.

There was one other song... "Ahh muthal akku"... Happens to be the fave of my brother.. Featuring another "Ragasiya wannabe". This one is quite skinny... And frankly, when she does the dapanguthu steps, she comes off vulgar and strange looking... I mean... It looked like a skeleton was dancing.. and there's nothing sexy about that...! Ragisya has something extra, this wannabe, is a waste. Others might sing a different tune, but this is how I felt.

The ending had me chilled... I so wished it was not how it should be... But then again I cant think of a better way of the movie ending... All we should do is kick Kalabavan Mani in the groin and everything will be fine.

Anyways... Overall, the movie was entertaining. I'll definitely watch it again.

Now I'm gonna go and be sad about the ending.

Adios.

5 comments:

Shammi said...

awwww... dont be sad, be snap-happy :) Take a few more pics of insects' intimate lives ;) Nice review, by the way. I like Sarath Kumar for the cleft in his chin, and does he have dimples as well? Cant remember...

Anonymous said...

orange! yet another orange freak :)

Orange Fronkey said...

Shyam,

I didnt think he had any dimples. I think Sarath has a great body and all.. But he has this air about him... as if he's all high and mighty.. nose all up in the air.

---

Muthu;

Oh.. you know more orange freaks? =P

Anonymous said...

I LIKE that nose-in-air look... it makes him look calm and sorta majestic, doesnt it? :)

- Shyam

Anonymous said...

Remake of "Ghayab". (Have u seen that?) I thought Tusshar had done a decent job. Ending was feel-good in that one.. I guess Mani mistakenly shoots down the hero here, right? Rent Ghayab, relive the whole story and be happy at the end..:-)